So what does the future hold for Florida's fish and
It's really up to all of us to decide.
We can't stop growth in Florida. But we can set
ourselves to the task of making sure the pattern of growth that
does come has minimal impact on our natural lands, waters, fish and
The future may seem overwhelming, but if we work
together on smart growth initiatives, green infrastructure planning
and other innovative strategies, we can help protect the state we
love. We encourage you to get involved, joining forces with the
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, and all agencies
and organizations that share a common love of our state and its
fish and wildlife.
- Does your city or county have a local land acquisition
- Are roads in your community being designed and located to
accommodate the needs of wildlife?
- Are you incorporating wildlife habitat conservation measures on
- Does your community view the management of its green
infra-structure in the same way it does upkeep and management of
public roads, buildings or bridges?
- How does your community support prescribed burning of nearby
public and private lands?
- How is your community conserving coastal forests, dunes,
beaches and wetlands?
- How is your community safeguarding your region's water
- Is your community protecting shoreline access and working
- What are you doing to ensure that future generations will
benefit from the same robust fish and wildlife resources that we