The TrophyCatch angler recognition program is the hallmark of the long-term Florida Black Bass Management Plan (BBMP). TrophyCatch will promote ecological, social and economic values that are important to everyone who supports conservation. TrophyCatch will help ensure that Florida is the undisputed “Bass Fishing Capital of the World” through the Black Bass Management Plan.
The program will:
- Create a statewide record keeping system to document catches of trophy bass.
- Instill a stronger catch and release conservation ethic among anglers.
- Educate anglers about the importance of trophy fish to our fish populations.
- Allow the public to participate in the management of Florida’s unique aquatic resources.
- Provide an understanding of the necessary components of a trophy fishery.
- Go to TrophyCatchFlorida.com to register. You will be instantly entered into a drawing for a Phoenix Bass Boat powered by Mercury, to be given away at the end of season two (after September 30, 2014).
- Legally catch a largemouth bass heavier than eight pounds (8 lbs) anywhere in Florida.
- Photograph the entire bass from head to tail on a scale with the weight legible.*
- Release the bass alive where you caught it.
- Log-in to your TrophyCatch page (with the credentials you used to register at TrophyCatchFlorida.com), click "Add a New Catch", upload the photo and complete the entry form, then submit. Upon submitting you attest to the fact the bass was legally caught, accurately documented and released, and allow your image and information to be shared publically.
- Once verified you will receive an email notification, your photos will be shared on the web and via www.Facebook.com/TrophyCatchFlorida, and from your site you will be able to download a customized certificate. Other awards including a club decal will be sent to you via mail (see below for specific rewards).
* Note: always try to get a "perfect photo" of the entire fish on a scale, with the weight legible. If that is not possible, you may include your best effort, and supplement it with photos of a close up of the scale reading, a photo of the length and or girth, bragging and release photos. These will be considered by a verification team for possible approval.
* Tournament anglers may submit a bragging photo and link to a website that shows their name and the official verified weight of an individual bass for verification.
* Anglers whose bass is weighed and witnessed by an FWC employee or volunteer may also provide information about the witness to have their catch documented (e.g. a creel clerk of conservation officer).
TrophyCatch Size Tiers:
Rewards include a $50 Bass Pro Shops gift card and Lunker Club T-shirt from Bass King Clothing.
Rewards include $50 gift cards from Bass Pro Shops, Dick's Sporting Goods and Rapala lures (total $150), plus a long-sleeve Trophy Club T-shirt from Bass King Clothing.
Hall of Fame Club
(13 pounds or greater)
Rewards include a free fiberglass replica (approximate value $500), a total of $200 in gift cards (Bass Pro Shops, Dick's Sporting Goods and Rapala), a Bass King duffle bag with customized hoody, shirt and hat, A Glen Lau DVD, name entered into Florida Bass Hall of Fame at Florida Bass Conservation Center, entry into a drawing for a fishing trip with Peter Miller (Bass2Billfish).
Bass graphics by Duane Raver, Jr.
This program is supported by Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration (SFR).