Persons With Disabilities Crossbow Permit
Permits to use crossbows during an archery season are available to applicants who submit an original certificate from a licensed physician certifying that the individual is permanently incapable of drawing any type of bow with a minimum draw weight of 40 pounds.
Replacements: Lost your permit? Follow the link at the bottom of this page to access and print your replacement permit.
What this certification allows
- The permit holder to use a crossbow during an archery season.
What this certification does NOT allow
Requirements and conditions
- A statement by a Florida licensed physician, on the FWC-provided Physician Certification Form (you will have an opportunity to print this form during the online application process), stating that the applicant is *permanently incapable of drawing any type of bow with a minimum draw weight of 40 pounds.
- This permit must be in the physical possession of the holder when participating in the permitted activity and must be presented to any law enforcement officer, FWC personnel, Forest Service personnel or other law enforcement personnel upon request.
*Applicants with temporary disabilities are not eligible for the Persons with Disabilities Crossbow Permit.
Information you must have available to apply for this permit
- Contact and identification information, including a daytime telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours.
- E-mail address, if the applicant would like to receive notification of application approval or denial. If an e-mail address is not provided, the applicant may return to the application Web site periodically to determine if the permit was approved. If approved, the permit holder must print the certification.
- A printer and Adobe Reader.
How to apply for this permit
- Click on the "Apply for Persons with Disabilities Crossbow Permit (CB) Now" button below. This will take you to a login screen.
- If you have previously applied onlinefor an FWC special permit (AMP, SUV, MI, Antlerless Deer, Deer Dog, or currently hold a Persons with Disabilities Crossbow Permit), enter your username and password, or other identifying information. If you have not applied online for an FWC special permit before, click on "Register Here" and enter the requested information to create your user account and continue.
- Click the “Apply for New Permit” link.
- Complete the form and choose “Save and Continue” at the bottom to proceed.
- Print the required Physician Certification Form. If you plan to return the completed Physician Certification Form by fax or mail, you must also print the Cover Sheet.
- Have your doctor complete the Physician Certification Form.
- Scan and upload the signed Physician Certification Form or you can fax/mail it to FWC (be sure to use the provided cover sheet).
- Your application will be reviewed by FWC.
- If you supplied an e-mail address, you will receive notification by e-mail of approval or denial of the application. If you do not supply an e-mail address, you will need to return to the site periodically to check your status.
- If approved, login to the application site (by clicking the link below) and print the permit document.
- Read and sign the permit document.
- Permit holders must reapply every five (5) years by resubmitting an application onine. A physician certification does not need to be resubmitted. Permit holders who have not renewed within three (3) years of the expiration date will be purged from the system and must submit both the online application and physician's statement form.
If you have general questions, need help renewing your permit or check the status of your application call 850-488-3641
If you need an ADA accommodation to complete this application call 850-488-6411