Dupuis, Punta Gorda, and Royce Unit Dove Permits are types of limited entry permits that are required in order to participate in dove hunts on Dupuis, Punta Gorda, or Royce Unit management areas . Click the Application Worksheet links at the bottom of the page for specific hunt dates.
- Cost: $0.00
- Issuance Method: These permits are issued by random drawing. Remaining permits will be offered on a first come first served basis during Phase II. Unissued permits or no-shows will be issued first come first served at the check station beginning at 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on the day of the hunt.
- Requirements: You must have a valid management area permit (or license that includes a management area permit), unless exempt, in order to apply. Successful hunters must check in at the check station on the date of the hunt between 11:00 a.m. Eastern time and 3:00 p.m. Eastern time or their permit will be voided as a no-show.
- Exemptions: You must have a permit, or be the youth guest of a permitted hunter, to participate in these hunts.
- Restrictions: You may submit one application and receive up to one permit per area (Dupuis, Punta Gorda, and Royce Unit) in Phase I. You may obtain additional permits in Phase II, but no more than 2 permits total for each area.
- Groups: Group applications are not available for this permit.
- Transferability:These permits are transferable from one person to another by simply giving the permit to another hunter. Permits issued to exempt hunters and marked “exempt” may only be transferred to another exempt hunter that would qualify for the same exemption. A senior exemption permit may also be transferred to a child under the age of 16.
- Guest Permits:Guest permits are NOT available for this permit, however, each permit allows an adult and one youth under the age of 16 to hunt together. The adult and youth may each take a bag limit.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within about two weeks after the end of the application period.
- Replacements: Lost or destroyed permits can only be replaced by the FWC Office of Licensing and Permitting, upon receipt of written request for replacement from the permittee. Please allow at least 10 days to receive your replacement permit in the mail. Application receipts or copies of internet pages may NOT be used as your permit.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I random drawing, you will be mailed a permit. If you get a Phase II permit at a license agent or tax collector office, the clerk will provide you with your permit. If you get a Phase II permit online, the permit will be mailed to you.
2012-2013 Season Application Dates
All periods begin at 10:00 a.m Eastern time and end at 11:59 p.m Eastern Time
Phase I: Applications for Random Drawing
August 24 - September 7, 2012
Phase II: First-Come First-Served Leftovers
September 14 - sold out
Application Form and Hunt Choices
Application forms include specific dove fields and dates.