A Special Event Authorization is used to request use of, or activities on, management areas and other regulated areas when FWC has primary management authority (see list of “Lead Areas”) on that area that are not consistent with statewide or area specific rules and/or may involve any of the issues enumerated below.
- May significantly impact fish and wildlife or their habitat
- Significantly impede other users or activities on the area
- Pose a risk to public safety for participants or other visitors
- Pose a substantial risk of liability to FWC
- Requires or will include additional infrastructure such as restrooms, signage, provision of water
- Include food or beverage sales or other vendors
- May harm cultural or historical resources
- May damage facilities (roads, water control structures, etc.)
- Require FWC personnel, equipment and/or expenditures
What this authorization allows:
- The holding of an event when the applicant proposes natural or cultural resource related activities that do not unduly impact the resource, interfere with other users, or impose significant costs to the Commission.
What this authorization does NOT allow:
- Access to management areas when they are closed due to weather or other emergency closures.
- Hunting or fishing without the required licenses and permits.
For Management Area uses where FWC is not the lead land manager (see "Cooperative Areas") or uses related to hunting or fishing that are not consistent with statewide or area specific rules use the Special Use-Other application process.
Requirements and conditions:
- The authorization will specify what is allowed, when it is allowed and any special conditions or prohibitions.
- The authorization will specify such reasonable conditions as are necessary to assure that the use or activity authorized will limit liability to FWC and protect fish, wildlife, and natural and cultural resources.
- This authorization must be in the physical possession of the event organizer when engaged in the authorized activity and must be presented to any law enforcement officer, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission personnel, Forest Service personnel or other law enforcement personnel upon request.
Information you must have available to apply for this authorization:
- You will need the details (what, when, where) of the event that you are requesting.
- Contact and identification information, including a daytime telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours (8-5, M-F).
- To receive notification of approval or denial of the event application, you will need to supply an e-mail address. If you do not supply an e-mail address you will need to return to the application site periodically to determine your status and if approved to print your authorization.
How to apply for this authorization:
- Click on the "Apply for Special Event Authorization Now" link below.
- This will take you to a login screen. If you have not applied for an FWC permit/ authorization before click on "Register." Enter the requested information and create your username and password.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter the requested information.
- Submit your application.
- Your application will be reviewed.
- If you supplied an e-mail address you will receive notification of approval or denial of the authorization application. If you do not supply an e-mail address you will need to return to the site periodically to determine your status.
- If approved sign on to the application site by clicking the link below and print the authorization.
- Read and sign the authorization.
- This authorization must be in the physical possession of the event organizer when engaged in the event and must be presented to any law enforcement officer, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission personnel, Forest Service personnel or other law enforcement personnel upon request.
Apply for Special Event Authorization Now