For the purposes of hunting or fishing in Florida, a Resident is defined as:
- Any person who has resided in Florida for 6 continuous months prior to the issuance of a license and who claims Florida as his/her primary residence; or
- Any member of the United States Armed Forces who is stationed in Florida (includes spouse and dependent children residing in the household).
Acceptable Proofs of Florida Residency are:
- Florida Driver License or ID Card
- Proof of Homestead Exemption
- Landlord Certification
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Military Orders
For children under the age of 18, there are two additional options for proving residency.
- Student ID Card (from a Florida school)
- Parent's Proof of Residency (child must be accompanied by the parent at the time of purchase)
Additional documentation is required when purchasing a lifetime license for a child under 13 years of age.