Wildlife Through the Year: November
- Greater sandhill cranes arrive to
- Watch for northern harriers gliding low over the marshes.
- Peak month for roadkills of black bears.
- Peak of deer rutting in central and north Florida.
- Cedar waxwings, phoebes, robins and other northern songbirds
arrive for the winter.
- Florida manatees start to head south to warm water
sites when temperatures drop.
- Seasonal manatee Speed Zones change on Florida's
- Ornate chorus frogs begin calling.
- Look for downy, hairy, red-bellied, and red-headed woodpeckers on suet feeders.
- White pelicans begin migrating south to Florida.
eagles begin their nesting season. Look for spectacular aerial
- Cypress trees begin turning rust color.
- Winter rains, shorter days and cooler temperatures present the
perfect time for adding to your yard plants that provide food for wildlife.