(Return to MyFWC.com/DisasterPlan)
Follow us on Twitter to receive the latest disaster-related news and updates.
Please revisit this page periodically for updates, or sign up to receive updates automatically.
Severe weather or other circumstances have affected areas as described below.
Wildlife Management Areas, Wildlife & Environmental Areas, etc.
- Cary WMA - Due to hazardous conditions caused by heavy rains, and to ensure public safety, the Florida Forest Service has temporarily closed to vehicle traffic that portion of No Catch Road that lies both south of Big Oaks Road and north of Cypress Pond Road. This closure is effective through Oct. 20 and until this portion of road is repaired and safe for public vehicle use. (10/18/13)
- Everglades & Francis S. Taylor, Holey Land, Rotenberger WMAs – These areas are reopened to public access. (see news release - 10/16/13)
- Okaloacoochee Slough WMA – Due to high water, the Florida Forest Service has closed several roads in the Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest. See the map to see which roads are affected. These roads will likely remain closed through the general gun season. (09/23/13)
- Log Landing WMA, Shingle Landing Tract - Due to the Gilchrist County closure of the end of SW 70th St., where flooding and public boat ramp improvements are taking place, and to ensure public safety, the Suwannee River Water Management District has temporarily closed the parking area accessible by SW 70th St. This closure may continue into archery season.
You may access the Shingle Landing Tract from the Suwannee River. Parking areas are still open to public vehicle use at the Guaranto, Log Landing, Suwannee Street, Lindsey, Purvis Landing, Nature Coast and Sunnyvale tracts of Log Landing WMA. (09/13/13)
- Raiford WMA- Due to hazardous road conditions (flooding) and to ensure public safety, FWC staff are temporarily closing portions of Fire Road to vehicle traffic, effective Sept. 14 until further notice as follows:
- The portion lying west of the intersection of Deer Road and Fire Road;
- The portion lying east of Gasline Road, except the 0.3-mile section of Fire Road east of the northernmost intersection with Gasline Road will remain open to vehicle use. (09/11/13)
Suwannee/Santa Fe River Flood-related Speed Zones
- No special speed zones at this time.