No Daily-Use Permit currently required. A $2 day-use fee is charged by the campground concessionaire at the Palmdale Campground. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
The Fisheating Creek Campground at Palmdale, off US 27, provides RV and tent camping and a camp store as well as an improved boat ramp, restroom facilities, canoe and kayak rental, and livery service. Daytime use area with pond and picnic tables.
Map of Fisheating Creek WMA
The area is open to public access year round.
Hunting Regulations, Map and Calendar
Vehicle use regulations:
- Public access, other than on foot, bicycle or boat, is prohibited, except registered and licensed vehicles may be operated within the Palmdale campground. The use of any vehicle, including but not limited to all-terrain vehicles, tracked vehicles or motorcycles is prohibited. The use of personal watercraft or horses is prohibited.
- All persons shall enter and exit the area at a designated entrance.
- Airboats may only be operated in the airboating area. A no-cost airboat use permit issued by the Commission in required for all airboats operating in the management area (561-625-5122).
- Parked vehicles may not obstruct a road, gate or firelane.
- No motor vehicle shall be operated on any part of any wildlife management area that has been designated as closed to vehicular traffic.
Rules Regarding Dogs
- For purposes other than hunting, dogs are allowed, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Dogs are prohibited in areas posted as "closed to public access" by FWC administrative action. No person shall allow any dog to pursue or molest any wildlife during any period in which the taking of wildlife by the use of dogs is prohibitied.
- Hunting with dogs is prohibited. Dogs on leashes may be used for trailing wounded game. Dogs are prohibited in areas posted as "closed to public access" by FWC administrative action. No person shall allow any dog to pursue or molest any wildlife during any period in which the taking of wildlife by the use of dogs is prohibitied.
Fisheating Creek Wildlife Management Area is located in Glades County. Visitors may access the west sector of the management area at the Fisheating Creek Campground. The campground is on US 27, approximately 19 miles northwest of Moore Haven, two miles north of the intersection of Hwy 29 and one mile south of Palmdale. Boaters may enter the eastern sector of the management area at the boat ramp located on Hwy 78, one mile south of Lakeport. Hikers may enter the east sector through the access road located two miles south of Lakeport on Hwy 78.
View a location map
Additional wildlife viewing sites in the vicinity.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers maintains rest areas around Lake Okeechobee, and there is a designated trail on the dike.
Fort Myers (46 miles west), Cape Coral (56 miles west), Palmdale (1 mile north of campground), and Lakeport (1 mile north).