A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
Entrance Kiosks with area maps and brochures are located at the south entrance off Seminole Pratt Whitney Road and at the north entrance off State Road 710. A hiking trailhead, interpretive trail and boardwalk and picnic shelters are located at the Hungryland Recreation site near the Everglades Youth Conservation Camp. Some campsites on Corbett have fire rings.
Map of J.W. Corbett WMA
The area is open to public access year round except from August 14 until 8 a.m. on August 26. Hiking on the Florida Trail and use of the Hungryland Boardwalk is allowed year-round.
Hunting Regulations, Map and Hunt Calendar
Vehicle use regulations
- Vehicles may only be operated on improved roads (Stumpers, Tomato Field, North and South Grades) and Trail 6 except by persons participating in a hunt.
- During archery and spring turkey seasons, hunters may also operate vehicles on named or numbered trails beginning 8 a.m. one day before each season opens until 6 p.m. the day after each season closes.
- Muzzleloading gun, general gun and small game hunters are not restricted to operating vehicles on roads or trails beginning 8 a.m. one day before each season opens until 6 p.m. the day after each season closes.
- Persons shall enter and exit the area only at designated entrances. All persons shall check in and out at a designated check station when entering and exiting the area, except for through-hikers on the Florida Trail.
- People through-hiking on the Florida Trail may enter or exit the area through the Florida Trail. Florida Trail through-hikers are exempt from the day-use fees, except the day-use fee is still required for camping at the designated campsites.
- Within the Roy R. Burnsed still hunt area, vehicles may be operated only on named or numbered roads and named or numbered trails.
- Vehicles are prohibited in the Bruce Bowman archery still hunt area, except on established roads to access parking lots at the youth camp, shooting range and nature interpretive center.
- The use or possession of airboats, ATVs, tracked vehicles or unlicensed and unregistered motorcycles is prohibited.
- Parked vehicles may not obstruct a road, gate or firelane.
- No motor vehicle shall be operated on any part of any wildlife management area that has been designated as closed to vehicular traffic.
Rules Regarding Dogs
- For purposes other than hunting, dogs are allowed, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Dogs are prohibited in areas posted as "closed to public access" by FWC administrative action. No person shall allow any dog to pursue or molest any wildlife during any period in which the taking of wildlife by the use of dogs is prohibited.
- Hunting dogs may be taken onto the WMA after 8 a.m. the day before the opening of a season and shall be removed by 6 p.m. one day after the end of the season. Hunting with dogs is prohibited, except during general gun, small game and dog training seasons. Hunting deer and wild hog with dogs is allowed during general gun season. Deer dogs and bird dogs may only be trained October 23 through October 31 and only in the area south and east of the Stumper's Grade. During the dog training season, no wildlife shall be harvested, but dogs are allowed to pursue wildlife. Permit and license requirements: WMA permit and hunting license. Dogs are prohibited in the still hunt areas, except bird dogs area llowed in the Roy R. Burnsed still hunt area during the small game season. Dogs are prohibited in areas posted as "closed to public access" by FWC administrative action. No person shall allow any dog to pursue or molest any wildlife during any period in which the taking of wildlife by the use of dogs is prohibited. Dogs on leashes may be used for trailing wounded game.
The north entrance is 25 miles northwest of West Palm Beach via the SR 710/Beeline Highway. This entrance is on the south side of the road, just 1/4 miles west of the intersection with SR 706 or Indiantown Road. The south entrance is 16 miles northwest of West Palm Beach on Seminole Pratt Whitney Road, 3 miles north of Northlake Blvd. Use the south entrance for access to the Everglades Youth Camp and Hungryland Boardwalk.
View a location map .
Indiantown (10 miles north), West Palm Beach (25 miles southeast), and Jupiter (15 miles east)